Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dog Day Afternoon

We are falling behind a little in reading blogs, not to mention blogging. We're sorry about that, and as usual it's entirely Blog Mom's fault. I've got plenty to say, but I guess maybe it's the weather or something. She sits down at the computer and falls asleep way too early most nights. But all is forgiven for today because we've got big plans. After I get my furs done, the Moms are taking me to the second annual Dog Day Afternoon Agility Expo and Pet Fair, which is put on by the Suffolk County Bar Association's Animal Law Committee. The weather's looking good for the event and I'm pretty psyched about it. It's my first time going, but I'm not seeing a downside. If all goes well there'll be photos soonish.

Adventure Dog, that's me!

We were going to a horsie show tomorrow, but that's up in the air at the moment. Blog Mom is still lame - she goes to the foot vet several times a week now, but so far it's only a little better. Two days of this kind of thing might be too much and  I've also been just a little off my feed (with a bit of pukies) this week myself so the same thinking applies to me. I guess we'll see about that. Alpha Mom says that Sarge will be in many shows this summer so it's no worrries there. Anyway, being a dog, I take life one day at a time and this one is looking most promising.
Have a great Saturday, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. That looks like a very fun weekend ahead, Lola. We can't wait to see photos!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola,

    Have a fun time this weekend!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS I am sorry that you has not been feeling well and hopes you feel betters soon...OK?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your mom's foot is getting better soon and you're fit and healthy too.

    I think the culprit is the weather as it really makes people fall asleep easily these days.

    Can't wait to see the pictures of your outings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lola - we missed you this week! The fair sounds fun. Hope it is not too hot out on the east coast. Here in the midwest - it is hot and humid and rather unpleasant. I plan to stay inside and out of the sun!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola, I sure hope you have a great time! I would love to go to one of those events! Even if we just get to see all the pictures without much story, it will be great!

    Please take good care of Blog Mom and yourself!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry abouts those pukies. Hope they go away soon! And I hopes you have a Most Terrific time at the Expo! I can't wait to hear all abouts your adventures!

    Oh, and I thinks you should write a book: Lola SharPei - Adventure Dog!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lola,
    Boy do I know what you mean we are totally dependent on the MOMS. We need to find us a set of thumbs so we can type. We hope you had a fine day today. You are certainly looking beautiful in your read bandana. \
    Talk about problems I had company this weekend and they are sharing my upstairs space. Yep my humans sis and her hubby came for a visit.
    I hissed at them just to let them know they are not welcomed and need to move on....plus I'm still mad about my Saturday being ruined.
    Happy Sunday Afternoon.
    Madi

    ReplyDelete
  8. miss lola,
    that expo fair thingie sounds totally funsies! have a grrreat time with your moms, and i can't wait to see the pictures!
    i sure hope you are done with the pukies and feelin' better. i hate barfin'. :( i'm sad that your blog mom's foot is still not better. have you tried giving her some foot massages? you do seem to have the magic touch, miss lola.
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lola!
    I hope you are feeling better today!
    Sounds like you are going to have a pawesome day!
    Let us know how it goes, ok?
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lola, hope you and blog mom feels better soon.
    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lola how are you all doing?
    Yes that is interesting the differnce in our school schedules. Unfortunately, the school system in Wake Co. has so many different types of schools one never knows which school is in session and which is not. We have reg schools, like my mom attend, year around they go 9 weeks off 3, modified year around (not sure of their schedule,the there are numerous charter schools which are basically the same as reg. schools except you have to be accepted into them and their hours are nothing like reg. schools. Mom says she NEVER goes more than 25 in a school zone even this time of year because she doesn't knw what schools are in session.

    Happy Sunday,
    Madi and MOm

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get to the horse show today - that would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lola,

    Sorry to hear Blog mom need to go to the foot vet, hope she's feeling better now... and you too. It's no fun to be under the weather... hope you had an eventful weekend... but not overly taxing for mom.

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun Lola, we send smooches to your snooter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are having a very fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails