Sunday, April 22, 2012

We Sure Owe a LOT of Apologies

We are so very sorry for disappearing the way we did. At first, I was so embarrassed I couldn't even look you in the eye.



But then I decided that I just had to face the music and own up to the fact that Blog Mom did a very bad thing. We never meant to just book like that. It just got harder to keep up for a variety of human-based reasons and then it got to be a long time and then it was just awkward. We missed milestones and celebrations and sadness and all the things that furiends are supposed to be around to share. We never did stop thinking about you all, though. Not ever.


Then today  we got a sign that it was time to come back. Blog Mom downloaded a Kindle book. About  a dog, of course. What else is really worth reading? Well, the author of this book has a blog, so of course we  had to check that out and what did we find? Well, we found a real dog blog, not one of those fancy pants  author blogs. A Daily Dose of Jack is fur real. And what else? The very first post mentioned Remington. Yes, THAT Remington! A little further down was one where Madi sent a pressie. And Wilf.  The pack was all there!

Wait a minute, Wilf? One thing that was a little scary coming back was wondering if any of our friends had....well....you know. We still haven't counted noses so we don't know, but we prepared for Wilf to have moved on. And he didn't. Hasn't. Is still here. Thank Dog!

We did learn that Hero has had another harrowing time with stomach bloat, but is on the road to recovery. We are, of course sending all the power of the paw that we can and we are sure that he'll be all better real soon. 

We don't know how often we'll be able to post and we know we can't keep up with commenting everywhere, but we are going to try to catch up with everyone for the next few days and as far as our own posts go we'll see how it goes, but we'll try to get one out of Blog Mom every so often.

18 comments:

  1. Hurray!
    I am very happy to know you all are doing well!
    We know sometimes it is not easy to do the blogging thing.... I was away for some time too!
    I love Jack's book! It is pawesome, right?
    Kisses and hugs to all of you!
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you and know that you are well. We have missed you a lot but we understand that life gets in the way sometimes. We hope you will be able to post some more to catch us up on your doings.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    Pee Ess,maybe you don't even know we are now a pack of FOUR:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back! There have been plenty of changes at our house!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't apologize. Life is not always smooth.
    I'm glad you and your brother are back

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made our day! It is so good to get news if you! We've been checking regularly to see if you had posted and were sad to see the months go by. Thanks for coming back and giving your news! At our end, our family has grown by two: a new silver kitty called GENJI and a Percheron filly called VIOLETTE!

    Woofs, Purrs, Neighs and Hugs,
    The Poupounette Gang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! The human stuff can get kind of frantic and I would always rather have my humans spending time with me than helping me with my blog. So there you go.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooooohooooo, yippie skippie...ya'll is back! I has missed ya'll tons and tons! But they be no reason to apologize fur skippin out, sometimes life just gets in da way. I am just happies to sees ya'll!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. SQUEEEEEEEE!!!! OMD! I just about fell over when I saw you had left on comment on my bloggie today! OH, gosh, did I ever miss you and I was super worried about you. But I'm awfully glad you're okay. You don't have to apawlogize. That's just how life goes sometimes. And we sure understand about how hard it is to keep up. So just post every now and then to let us know what's going on in your life, okay? Cuz we think you're the BEST!

    Brindle smoochies, wiggles & wags!
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. No apologies! Just glad you are back! I have stopped by many times wondering where you two were. So glad to see your sweet Pei faces!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S: All kinds of things have happened in my world. We moved out of the city (my assistant is still adjusting). I have my very own HUGE yard and I have even barked at a few squirrels. Something I never did in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well we've missed you guys HORRIBLY! Welcome back!

    Sending snuffles and nose kisses and Mom sends ear scratches.

    Bolo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lola
    I was so happy to see your comment on my blog, I new that meet you are back.
    Just like your other blogging friends have said no need to apologize. We are just very happy you are all ok
    Mom came very close to stopping us from blogging after Christmas, so she doesn't let us on the laptop so much. It makes it very hard to keep up with what our friends are doing but we try and pop by when we can. So don't worry, tell mom to read my Blogging tips at the top of my blog, they might help, we all need to be Happy Blogger's
    Have a good week
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lola and Franklin OMC I jumped so high whenI saw your post (which we have checked every so often) I nearly landed on the ceiling fan. Hokey moley welcome back you were missed.
    Hufs from your BFFF
    Madi

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly have been missed, my friends....so happy you are back! Jack's book is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD OMD.... I thought you were gone FUREVER and I just saw your comment to Mango ... YEA!!! You are BACK. I am so thrilled to see and hear from you!!! WELCOME BACK.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to see you back.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to see you are in the blogisphere once again. Those mom's of ours are so undependable sometimes. We can relate! Nice to meet you...Now stick around!!
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRD & Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just thinking about you guys! Glad that your are well and back in the blog saddle again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, we think of you often! So glad to read that you are well! I was so excited when I saw your comment - we did mention Shar Pei fever to my vet, he said we might test for it further down the road if other things come up, but for now he didn't think I had the right symptoms. So great to hear from you!
    -Corbin
    ps. hope your horsey sibling is doing well too! Last time we heard from you, he was having colic issues!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails