Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Absolutely Ordinary, Pawsome Saturday

Sometimes there are noseventures and sometimes there are quieter days that are just as good. This was one of those. First, my bump went down almost all the way. Alpha Mom says she can see a teeny scab and it looks like it was a bug bite. That's kind of funny, because if it was, it probably was the petting that made it get so big, just like Mayzie said in a comment on the post below. So that was good. Then Alpha Mom and I went to the groomer for my bath. Remember when I said that the jury was still out on the new owner?. No more. They are just pawsome. I don't want to disparage the old owners. They were very nice, but these ladies just totally get me. I like them so much that sometimes when the bath lady is washing me I just have to put my front paws up on the side of the tub and give her kisses. And she kisses me back! Now that's a meeting of the minds if you ask me. Of course, these little visits would be even nicer if I could stay dry, but it's kind of worth it. Plus there's the excellent receptionist.


This is where I go. It's Head to Tail Dog Grooming in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY. I'm writing all that out because if anyone happened to be searching for a dog groomer in the area and found it here I'd want them to know all about it. That's because I hope they do very well and keep the business forever. If I must be bathed, I want them to be the ones to do it.


This is Baily, the receptionist at Head to Tail. She's great at her job and make everyone feel welcome and at ease. And of course, she'a  beautiful blonde, which the males probably like a lot.


This close-up doesn't really do her justice, but I just wanted you to see what a nice face she has. Don't you think that getting a Golden Retriever to be the receptionist was genius. I mean, who can do it better? No one, that's who.

Now the thing is that these grooming sessions run right through my morning nap, so I'm forced to double up in the afternoon and didn't much notice the comings and goings for the next few hours. In fact when Blog Mom came in from the supermarket she thought I might be dead. I wasn't. Not even close. But she was a little freaked. Once I woke up and cleared my head we went out in the back for a most impawtant photo shoot. It was for  Red Bandana Day at the Portugese Water Dog Blog. The photos for that came out great if I do say so myself. We'll probably put one of them up on June 10th, because that's the day. After the successful photo shoot we all hung out in the back yard together for a while, which is always nice.


My humans talked to Sambuca's Mom while I talked to Sambuca after I got some squirrel chasing out of the way.

It was pretty warm out there, though and after a while I called my humans to come in the house. They're very good at recall and came as soon as I called. Then, to top off a lovely, family kind of day, we had hamburgers for dinner.  I hope whatever you're doing this weekend it's been as nice as my absolutely ordinary, nothing special Saturday was.

20 comments:

  1. Hola Lola! Ya know, our momma must really cheap because she has one of those hose sprayer things that hooks up to our shower and bathes us in the tub. Granted there's four of us now... We might like going to the spa. We're so glad to hear your bump is gone! Betty had one too and it's also gone.

    Love,
    Stella, Gunther and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day!

    Hamburgers!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my Moms would like to be cheap, too, but they didn't think their backs could take it, especially when I had just a negative attitude toward baths. We do get a nice discount because we go every week, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs would love for me to take them to a pet place to get a bath!

    Sounds and looks like you had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was your groomer, I would kiss you too Lola! You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spa is always the best way to end your long tiring week..

    I would love a spa too when I get out..

    licks
    Moiselle aka Zelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woof! Woof! Your groomer is very smart to have a good looking Golden Retriever as a receptionist. ME too is joining bandana day. COOL! Happy Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Lola!
    Glad to know you liked the new groomers! And sure they liked you too!
    They have a beautiful recepcionist!
    Great red bandana shots!
    Have a good night
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lola, so glad the bump is gone.
    I too would give you kisses at any opportunity. You are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, Lola, ordinary days can be the best! We're glad you enjoyed the new groomers and we think you look great in the red bandana!

    Woofs and Purrs,
    Tommy and the Chans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh...Ooh...I thinks that grooming place needs a doxie to work there...ok, maybe not. My mum is looking fur a groomer fur Sissy Whitney but I thinks that place is way to far. what a shame!!!!!!!!
    I thinks you look very beautiful in your nana. You looks all regal and what not.
    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lola,

    Glad to hear that the new owners are giving good service at your usual spa joint... hope they stay in business for a long time. Good groomers are had to come by these days. Baily is such a sweetheart... bet all the boys look forward to their baths for different reasons now... and I look forward to your bandana pics :)

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lola,

    Doesn't everyone feel better after they been bathed and groomed! Ozzie is going Monday AM for his beauty treatment! He is already looking for a place to hide when the morning comes. But where does a 80 pound bulldog hide?

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Ozzie's mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lola great news the bump on your bump is gone...and my dear friend you smell lovely...is that White Shoulders you are wearing since your Spa day? It is so good to know you have found the new owners of the Spa acceptable and deserving of your kisses!!!
    Happy Day sweetie,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lola - Glad you like your new groomers. There is nothing more important than being understood. People who really "get you" are the best. My groomer is OK. She is one of these people who is great with dogs, but not so great with people. Works out for me, but sometimes Mama and Papa get a little miffed with her.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Saturday sounds quite nice, I must say! Finishing the day off with hamburgers sounds about perfect!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee, Lola! I'm glad your bump went away! Um, but your moms didn't stop petting you on your head, did they?

    And I'm very much glad that you had such a Most Wonderful day. Sometimes those days really are the very very best! I'm oh-so-happy you like your new grooming peoples. If you HAVE to gets a bath, at least you gets kisses at the same time. And kisses are just pawsome, I think!

    You look Most Beautiful in your bandana. I gots to get mom to get on that or we're gonna miss it!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lola it's nice to meet you!
    I see your beautiful face on many of my bloggie friends pages so I wanted to stop by and introduce myself to you. I hopes that we can be furiends too!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lola - I'm so glad to hear that your bump went away. Ty sometimes swells up a bit from mosquito bites. Maybe that's what happened to you!
    I'm so glad your groomers get you. You must really love them if you give them kisses while your in the tub - and they kiss you back!! Wow!
    You're looking good, pretty girl. I'm glad you had a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. No mo bumps. Thats good, but mysterious. Maybe it was extra brain power.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails